7.30.2016

Taiwan: July 20, 2016

Wednesday

Wednesday we had our third lecture with Dr. Jih so we were busy in the morning from 9 am to noon. Everyday our Taiwanese classmates take us out to lunch and help us translate the menus to english and order for us! They show all of us so much patience and I can't thank all of them enough for all of the help they have given us. I hope I can meet them all again the next time I come to Taiwan!

After lunch if we don't have a field trip to go on we will go back to class to work on our blogs and around 4:30 most of us will head back to the dorm to rest and make dinner plans for around 7 pm! On Wednesday, I had my own plans to meet my friends Mini (my Pitt Pal from last semester) and Rebecca. They met me at the 7-11 near my dorm and we walked to a Japanese restaurant where I ate the best food of the whole trip. I had beef with rice, egg, and sauteed vegetables. It was so yummy I finished the entire bowl; which I'm finding is quite hard to do in Taiwan because the food is always hot, like it is outside, and the portions are large.

When we were finished with dinner we walked back to Rebecca's house which is close to CYCU and I got to meet her parents and hang out in her room. The three of us had a great time and enjoyed catching up and talking about Taiwan and how crazy it was that I was there sitting in Rebecca's room with them. Soon it was time to go and Rebecca's family invited me to come over soon for dinner. It was then that I began to realize that I am the international student in Taiwan!


Mini is so cute on her scooter, she kind of made me want one! We also found out that Rebecca doesn't know how to take a selfie so Mini had to show her how! :P


Thank you for spending time with me in Taiwan, girls, it was so good to see you! :) 




No comments:

Post a Comment