7.30.2016

Taiwan: July 21, 2016

Thursday

Thursday marked one week in Taiwan and in terms of blogging I'm glad I have made it this far! Yes I know, I'm about 10 days behind but at least I'm doing it, right? So the day I'm going to write about was kind of a simple day, we had class in the morning, lunch, and then work time in the afternoon and then Dr. Jih threw a FRUIT PARTY.

Fruit in Taiwan is so so so delicious! I've probably mentioned that before but seriously, it's so good! So anyway, he threw us a fruit party in his apartment's lobby. We played Jenga and ate mango, pineapple, guava, and apples. There was also some watermelon on the table that I had to avoid (I'm allergic). And there was a fruit there that you might not know about called Dragon Fruit which is very yummy and something I have only seen in Taiwan! Do they sell it in the States? I was really happy about all of the delicious fruit and we had fun relaxing with our classmates and playing games. It was a short but relaxing day as we looked to a Friday field trip, and a weekend trip to the beach!


Alice was very focused on her Jenga moves, and when the tower finally fell we screamed really loud and Dr. Jih told us to be quiet... Woops...


So I guess we also had some bananas and oranges as well which are way better in Taiwan! The pink fruit is Dragon Fruit and sometimes it is also white! 


This was another game we played where we took turns to see how fast we could move marbles in a cup of water to a plate only using chopsticks! I didn't even try because I knew it would probably take me 12 hours...lol! I think the shortest time was just over 20 seconds! 



No comments:

Post a Comment